Are you looking for the best CDN for WordPress to make your website load faster? A CDN (short for Content Delivery Network) boosts your website’s performance and user experience by loading content at lightning speed.
In the article, we will take a look at a list of the best CDNs for WordPress and help you select the right solution to speed up your website.
Akamai’s CDN services were born from a challenge posed by internet founder Tim Berners-Lee, to solve what came to be known as the “world wide wait.” We pioneered edge computing more than 20 years ago by developing sophisticated new techniques to route web traffic, getting content from centrally located servers to early internet users faster. Today, the world’s biggest brands trust Akamai’s solutions and expertise to protect and deliver their digital experiences.
No matter the type of content — from websites, apps, APIs, video, or software — our comprehensive set of content delivery solutions is designed to deliver amazing digital experiences for every user, regardless of location, device, or network.
Akamai has an unmatched global network capacity of 300+ Tbps and is unparalleled at scale with over 4,200 locations and upwards of 1,400 networks that span 135 countries. With the largest edge delivery platform, we see more of what’s happening on the internet. This means we can deftly avoid bottlenecks and defend at the edge.
Today’s users demand visually engaging, personalized experiences that are fast on every device, all the time. To deliver on customer expectations, digital businesses craft increasingly complex applications that are loaded with high-res images, videos, personalization, and other third-party content. The outcome can be very costly to optimize, operate, and maintain. The Akamai Ion intelligent performance automation and controls continuously analyze, optimize, and accelerate web and mobile app experiences.
CDN 77 is a flexible development for custom scenarios. It is also such a dedicated CDN infrastructure for daily traffic at petabytes level
Other exciting features offered by CDN77 are:
– Global scale: It has 35 POPs across six continents and delivers 2-3% of the world’s internet traffic during peak periods.
– Low latency: It offers direct access to 14 top transit providers and 3000+ local internet service providers (ISPs) for low latency delivery in any location.
– Security: It enables secure connections via HTTPS. Additional security features include token-based signed URLs, proxy servers, whitelisting and blacklisting, and content theft prevention.
– Cloud compatibility: It is compatible with any hosting environment and ships with its own cloud-based CDN storage (free up to 50GB).
– Advanced analytics: CDN777’s real-time analytics are updated every five minutes. It has a powerful dashboard for insights on traffic consumption, bandwidth capacity, performance overview, and billing
– Optimized VOD & Live video delivery: Highest performance delivery of all major video formats (MP4/HLS/MPEG-DASH/CMAF) to all platforms and devices.
– Additional video features: Encoding, transcoding into adaptive profiles, DVR & Timeshift, HTML5 player with audience analytics
– Secure connections: powered by the latest TLS 1.3 with 0-RTT, optimized HTTP/2 and SSL certificates.
– Proprietary DDoS protection: based on DPDK, with attacks detection and blocking in under 10 seconds.
– Origin and content protection: features such as Secure Tokens, SmartWAF, Hotlink protection, GEO/IP blocking etc.
KeyCDN is among the best CDNs for WordPress. It’s loaded with features that deliver fast content to visitors and make your website secure from hackers and DDoS attacks.
KeyCDN is easy to integrate with WordPress through its WordPress CDN Enab./ler plugin. It offers 34 edge servers in 25 countries, spread across 6 continents.
Other exciting features offered by KeyCDN are:
- DDoS protection
- Two-factor authentication
- Let’s Encrypt TLS
- 24/7 customer support
Pricing: KeyCDN pricing starts at $0.04 per GB and varies based on your location.
Cloudflare is the best free CDN for WordPress and is highly popular among small business owners. Their free plan offers basic DDoS protection, shared SSL, and its global CDN network of 180 data centers.
But if you want more advanced features, then we suggest you get hold of their paid plans.
Cloudflare CDN offers fast static and dynamic content delivery. You can use its API to automate workflows and have more control over how your website’s content is cached and purged.
It allows you to specify page rules for individual URLs and improve website performance. Here are other features of Cloudflare you might want to check out:
- User-friendly interface
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- Programable API
- Built-in DDoS protection
- Customizable cache expiration periods
- Prevents traffic congestion through intelligent routing
- Fast cache purge
- Supports different video files like MPEG-DASH
Pricing: The paid plans of Cloudflare start from $20 per month and go up to $200 per month with the business plan. And there is also a free plan which you can use to get started.
5. Amazon CloudFront
Finally,Amazon CloudFront is among the best CDN options for your WordPress website. It’s integrated with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and helps fast content delivery to visitors. It caches videos, images, APIs, data, and website stylesheets so your website loads in a matter of seconds.
Deep integration with AWS makes Amazon CloudFront more attractive. You can benefit from services like Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing, and Amazon Route 53. All these features in the CDN are programmable through their APIs or AWS Management Console.
More features of Amazon CloudFront include:
- DDoS protecting through AWS Shield
- 17 PoPs in 30 countries
- SSL/TLS encryption along with HTTPS
- Network optimization for smooth performance
- Highly customizable
Pricing: It offers a pay-as-you-go pricing and starts from $0.085 for the first 10TB in the US and Canada region.
Our Recommendation: What is the Best CDN for WordPress?
After comparing these different CDNs, we recommend Akamai. This is one of the oldest CDN providers in the market and continues to retain its leadership, even amid the rise of next-gen competitors. It can handle millions of concurrent users and supports large-scale content delivery such as the Star Network.
– Performance: deliver fast, quality web experiences to all their end users, web pages render more quickly, video buffering time is reduced, and users stay more engaged.
– Availability: content remains accessible to end users even during periods of excessive user traffic when many people are accessing content at the same time or if there are server outages in some parts of the internet
– Security: protect content providers and users by mitigating against a wide array of attacks without malicious entities ever compromising delivery and availability