1. What is CDN Service?
The CDN’s working mechanism helps users quickly access the server data closest to their location instead of having to access to get the original data in a farther area, which is an effective solution to reduce the load and limit the impact on the main server system’s performance.
2. Popular CDN services in the world
CDN AWS – CloudFront
Amazon CloudFront is the world’s most popular content delivery network (CDN) that makes it easy to securely deliver Web sites, Videos, apps, and APIs with high speed and low latency. Built for developers, CloudFront makes it easy for businesses to customize their delivery to find the right balance of speed, security, and cost for their needs. All in all, the AWS CDN provides a good service. Although the basic CDN configuration can be very easy to deploy for most administrators, the more advanced CDN configuration is quite difficult to manage, requires quite a lot of time, and the features are not. too strong.
Advantages of AWS CDN:
- Fast service team
- Easy setup for basic plans
- Fast-loading CDN speed
- An easy change in CDN server location selection
- Enables extensive server and resource settings with highly configurable packages
- Reasonable management
- Fast and reliable
- CDN network is distributed in many regions around the globe
Disadvantages of AWS CDN:
- Built primarily for IT/server admins
- The cost of using CloudFront’s CDN is not the best choice
- Expenses and payments are not clearly separated
- The CDN customization and configuration interface needs to be designed to be more user-friendly for the administrator
- Need more instructions on how to use the features
The above pros and cons are objectively summed up by us through quality assessments at Gartner and TrustRad. Thereby, we can see that users are quite satisfied with the outstanding advantages of AWS CDN.
However, besides that, AWS CDN still has some disadvantages that have not met the needs of users. In it, most of the reviews are not satisfied with the price and the management interface can cause some difficulties. Therefore, before you choose an AWS CDN, consider and consider a few other options.
Akamai is a provider of CDN (Content Delivery Network) and Security services suitable for large enterprises. Akamai was established in 1998 at MIT Technology Park – USA, currently transmitting 30% of worldwide data traffic with network systems in most regions of the world.
Advantages of CDN Akamai
- Powerful CDN technology can handle the needs of transmitting a variety of content (images, videos, live streaming…)
- Very good customer service
- Akamai is strong in the content delivery process with its method of mirroring the CSS and HTML elements of the Web page
- Akamai’s CDN platform provides a network of cloud-connected servers in over 100 countries
Disadvantages of CDN Akamai
- Higher cost compared to other CDN providers in the region
- The CDN management interface is quite complicated
- No intuitive user interface for configuration and setup instructions yet
- Quite expensive for small businesses and organizations
- Takes a long time to activate CDN (due to testing with many scenarios)
The above advantages and disadvantages of CDN Akamai are compiled by us through quality assessments at Gartner and TrustRadius. Similar to AWS CDN, Akamai CDN also has distinct advantages. However, the downside is still the high cost and the not-so-intuitive management interface.
Cloudflare offers CDN with more functionality than other CDN services. Cloudflare’s CDN helps fight DDoS attacks and stores static content on your website, making it faster to load and effectively reducing the load on your web server.
Advantages of Cloudflare CDN
- Cloudflare’s free early-stage CDN and SSL are great perks for new sites
- Cloudflare’s cost structure is suitable for many applications
- Help your Website speed up quite effectively
- Static data such as images, CSS, files, etc. are also gzip compressed by Cloudflare, so the download speed is faster.
Disadvantages of Cloudflare CDN
- The way it works is not very user-friendly
- The user interface is quite complicated
- Instructions for using functions are still difficult to understand
- If your Website is located on hosting with a server located in Vietnam, and the visitors are mainly from Vietnam, the use of Cloudflare slows down the page load speed because of the quality of the international and Vietnamese transmission lines. The reason is that this time the query will go around from Vietnam to CloudFlare DNS Server and then return the results to Vietnam.
- Website uptime time depends on Cloudflare Server uptime.
The advantages and disadvantages of CDN Cloudflare are compiled by us through quality assessments at Gartner and TrustRadius. Cloudflare would be a good fit if you need an affordable CDN solution for a new website. But it may not be appropriate when your website is actually under targeted attack. At this time, to protect the safety of the website, the business may have to pay a large cost.